If you are a merchant, contractor or any other business owner who has the need to charge credit cards when you are out of the office, Authorize.net’s new “mobile app” may be for you. Here’s a page describing the mobile app.
Authorize.net is a leading payment solutions provider, and has been a leader in e-commerce since the early days of the Internet. They have announced the release of a new “mobile app” that allows merchants to bill credit cards using their iPhone.
You need to have a merchant account with Authorize.net to get started. Once you download the app, you can process payments anywhere you use your iPhone.
Here are some advantages to the new app:
- Multiple Payment Types: Process real-time credit and signature debit transactions from major payment networks (e.g., Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover)
- Secure Access: Integrated with the Authorize.Net Merchant Interface–merchants use their existing credentials to access the app and can validate the legitimacy of a specific device from within the Merchant Interface itself
- Flexible Settings: Set up a default tax rate, accept tips and gather shipping information when necessary
- History: Review transaction history (processed or pending) and perform voids and refunds
- Email Receipt: Merchants’ customers can receive a transaction receipt by email
- Free Support: Merchants continue to receive Authorize.Net’s award-winning customer support for the mobile app through our online support center, eTicket, email, chat and phone
This app should primarly benefit those who frequently need to accept payments while on the road – contractors, handymen, craft show exhibitors, farmers market vendors, etc. It integrates with your normal merchant account, so all your payments go through the same system.
If you are not currently a Authorize.net customer, you can sign up for an account through our reseller form.